Monday 10 September 2007

A Weekend of Poker Fun

Hey All,

Enjoying the nice weather in the sunny Midlands for a change :)
Not too much has happened this weekend, had a nice steak while watching the match, quite impressed with the squads performance's this time but I think they still need to pull their socks up. As usual Owen is so hit and miss (literally) I just don't think we can rely on him but with all our other strikers out what can we do? Still had a nice bet on England winning the three games :)

Anyway back to the blog subject! I had my mates over for the footie and we carried on with some poker afterwards. Quite an interesting few games. I didn't come out the winner this time as I lost going all in on a full house but my friend had a better one :( Just goes to show you that no matter how good your hand it can be beaten (except in a few circumstances). Hope you guys learn from my lesson :)

We also had quite a lot of fun playing new market, a betting game that involves choosing "horse" and trying to get rid of all your cards and play the "horse" cards :) I will work on getting you a full rules list for those who don't know how to play. If you don't know how to play texas holdem poker though you can learn to play poker here.

Good luck, have a nice week guys.

No comments: